Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!! 2008

After seeing several of you in the last few weeks you have asked what happen to the Christmas traditions that I had promised you at the beginning of the month???? Well I just ran out of time and also I think I thought we had a lot more traditions then perhaps we do.

Just to recap our month:

  • When we decorate the tree we each get a special ornament.
  • Riding Trax downtown to see the lights on Temple square as a family. (Still haven't done it yet)
  • Christmas Eve candlelight service this year we went to the service at Southmountain Christian Church it was really nice.
  • Christmas Eve dinner at my parents (this year at the new condo) with close family friends. Before dinner we have a round of toasts with the group. Dad starts the toast he chooses someone and then that person picks someone else to toast you get the picture. Before presents are given between families the kids have to find the first star. (This year while driving to Grandmas DJ commented on how hard it was going to be given the weather conditions.)
  • New Christmas PJ's - from Nana and Papa Chuck.
  • Christmas morning: Open presents at home and then back to Grandma's for more presents and breakfast.

  • Christmas night we get together usually at our house with the Nance family. This year Brayden's favorite gift was his new drum set (which I am sure David and I will regret soon enough. LOL)


2 comments:

geislers said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas! We would love to get together soon. Have a Happy new year!

Britt's Clan said...

WOW!! A DRUM SET!! U R better parents then I am... LOL!! That is awesome... Can't wait to see you on New Year's...