I just wanted to take a minute and tell you all how thankful I am for good friends and family. All day I have been thinking about last year. We were all so happy and healthly and if I had ever thought that within the next few weeks our happy little world would be turned upside down - I wouldn’t have believed you.
But last year two weeks after Thanksgiving, my little sister was involved in a horrible car accident and her son (J.T.), my nephew passed away at 5 weeks old. This was not only devastating for my sister and her husband but for our family as well.
Two months later (Feb 11th) my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia. She was admitted directly from the Doctors office to the hospital where she stayed until June. There were several times during this long hospital stay and the three other hospital admits that we thought she wasn’t going to make it, but I am happy to report that my mother is here with us celebrating Thanksgiving this year and is getting stronger everyday.
Like I said earlier thinking back on last year, I wouldn't have believed that our family would be tested in our faith as we have. I am so thankful for God's blessings.... He has blessed my sister and her husband with another child…. Little Jesse. He is so sweet and I am so happy to see my sister happy again. My mother while the road to remission has been hard - she has persevered and has beat this horrible disease again.
I am Thankful for husband and my two wonderful boys (DJ and Brayden) they mean the world to me…. I am also thankful for my awesome family and friends. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
GREAT post!! I hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your Turkey Day. It was good to see you...
Hey Big Sis.
I love you so much!! What a support you have been to me through this year. You are a great listener and awesome friend (sister). I don't understand how others were affected so it is nice to see how others are dealing with things and thinking about. Love you!!! I am looking forward to a better year for our family.
love you!!!
Hope you had a great thanksgiving! lets get together soon! We miss you guys! Joe's Crab Shack? LOL!!
Post a Comment